Wednesday 6 July 2011

My Sister's Gift

Our first donor cycle with Rach was a wonderful family experience and one I will treasure forever. A donor cycle takes a lot more co-ordination than a normal IVF cycle so Rach began her medications in Western Australia before coming to Tassie. Injections and giving blood were not her favourite things to do, let alone having to administer them to herself. She did it with no fuss at all. Rach took it all in her stride and never once made me feel guilty. She truly is an amazing person and a wonderful sister.
Mum and Madi joined us on our road trip to Hobart, we had a fabulous time ( I can say that because I wasn’t the one having a big needle in my yoo hoo!)






Have you ever had one of those moments that will stand still in time and you will never forget where you were and what you were doing at the time? …..I can think of a few….The Port Arthur Massacre, The death of Princess Diana, The World Trade Centre attack, The Bali Bombings, The death of Michael Jackson ( R.I.P MJ x).

Another time that will stand still for me forever and I am sure Mum and Rach feel the same, was receiving the result of this cycle.

We were racing against the clock to get to pathology before they closed for the weekend, otherwise we were going to have to wait until Monday…..We were not going to let that happen!

The phone rang unexpectedly as we were travelling over the Don bridge heading to Devonport. We were not pregnant.

I was so sad for us and especially sad for Rach as I know just how much she wanted to help us.

We love you Rach xx


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are truly blessed Ange to have such an amazing sister.....xxx Mel